Monday 22 October 2018

Wherein she moans and groans just cos she can!

Just lately I've been living in my bed. Reason? I'm suffering a M.E /fibromyalgia flare up maybe brought on by my changing meds*. Whatever, I've been unable to walk very far; from the bed to kitchen is about all I can manage. Sometimes my legs just shake uncontrollably, weaken and leave me shuffling back to bed. Other times my arms go lifeless, the skin tingling and so painful, I cannot, try as I might, do anything during these times.

My back is a whole different story. It is so painful I cannot describe it. It is even stopping me from doing a poo (tmi I know but I can't help it, I'm talking real life where people pee, poo and be sick.) All I can do is get comfy on the bed, having tried and failed to find some ease on the sofa.

I'm living a permanent brain fog. How my OH keeps patient I'll never know. I get my words wrong, I cannot Lip read at a decent level, forgetfulness and clumsiness are par for the course. What our carers put up with! So silent, it feels like no one ever thinks to give them recognition or thanks them, for where would we be without them?

Something is making me hold fluid around rib cage so I've got to have my blood taken by the resident nurse Vampire. I wonder what shape bruise I'll get from her looking around with a needle trying to find a vein. How many men (and women) would like to be in my position, a Carry On film.😁

Seriously I hate being like this but what can I do? I try to do as much as possible, those chores I can do round the house, drawing, painting, crochet, writing etc. Breakfast in bed? Haha as if. Just dinner I'm afraid.

“I wish I could lie in bed all day” I hear some mutter, no you really don't. I'm not here by choice this is forced on me. Please don't insult me with such mutterings. I'm not idle, I'm not a waster: I'm a once very active manual worker whose body got ill. I don't wish that on you, I couldn't be so cruel.

Listen I feel I need to emphasise this, I am not by any means after sympathy. I hate sympathy. I don't want it. Nice of you to offer but no thanks.

I'm relating my life story and at the moment it's not brilliant but I'm ok, I'm getting on a it. How are my fellow sufferers? Doing ok I hope.

*I'm on my last leg of changing meds from one brain helper to another. The first Mirtazapine, although very good in helping my brain, has made me put on stacks of weight, which doesn't help my back and hips at all, this is a well known fact /side effect and they even have the alternative Trazadone to it which is what I'm changing to now. Fingers crossed they help me lose weight yet also do the job on my old brain. Bipolar eh, who'd have it off me? Any takers? Nah didn't think so. 😁

I shall apologise for the rubbish flow that this post has. The aforementioned brain fog isn't helping. Anyway just see it as a grammar test.😁
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment